EFFoST Student of the Year Award
Every year, the European Federation of Food Science and Technology (EFFoST) organizes the ‘Student of the Year Award’ competition to support and encourage the next generation of food scientists. The award is organized in collaboration with our partner Cargill.
Are you eligible?
All MSc or PhD students in food science, food technology or a related study at a European University* can apply.
Win one of the Student of the Year Awards:
- PhD Awards: 1st prize (€1500), 2nd prize (€750) and 3rd prize (€500)
- MSc Awards: 1st prize (€1000) and 2nd prize (€500)
- Nominees are also eligible for the Popular vote prize (€250)
Winning students receive:
- The Student of the Year Award and an official certificate
- A cheque corresponding to the prize above
- Free access to the 32nd EFFoST International Conference and conference dinner
- A travel budget of maximum € 1,000 to cover your travel and accommodation costs to attend the EFFoST conference
- Visit Cargill’s European R&D Center to present your research and display your expertise.
- The opportunity to build and expand your professional network and boost your future career.
Nominees will also be in the running for the popular vote prize. Conference delegates will choose the winner based on the students’ poster presentations at the conference. The voting will take place at the 32nd EFFoST International Conference in Nantes.
Step 1: Submit your abstract by using the online abstract submission system of the 32nd EFFoST International Conference. Don’t forget to tick the box “Student of the Year Award” when the option is provided**.
Step 2: Complete the online application form with the accompanying documents (see below) before 15 July 2018.
The application should be accompanied by:
- Your motivation letter
- Your curriculum vitae
- Conference abstract
- Copy of your student card or student registration
- Nomination letter (not mandatory)
Application deadline is 15 July 2018.
The EFFoST Student of the Year Award is open to registered students of MSc or PhD programmes at European universities in the academic year 2017 – 2018 or MSc students that have completed their degree in the period July 2017 – June 2018. Students must have been registered in a degree program in food science and technology or similar. Part-time students can also apply.
For more information contact Jeroen Knol at SOYA@effost.org
Cargill's 155,000 employees across 70 countries work relentlessly to achieve our purpose of nourishing the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Every day, we connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
We combine 153 years of experience with new technologies and insights to serve as a trusted partner for food, agriculture, financial and industrial customers in more than 125 countries. Side-by-side, we are building a stronger, sustainable future for agriculture. For more information, visit Cargill.com and our News Center.
Through our approach to community engagement, we support programs that focus on nourishing our world, protecting our planet, and enriching our communities. This includes programs and projects that improve food security and nutrition and advance innovation and safety in our food system. Cargill is proud to work together with EFFoST to support and encourage the next generation of food scientists.
* A University or College in the following countries: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel (COST Cooperating State), Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, fYR Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City.
** There is no obligation to register for the conference. In the case that your abstract is accepted for oral or poster presentation, you will get an invitation to register for the conference. The five shortlisted nominees will be informed in time to register for the conference and plan their travel as their presence at the conference is mandatory.