EFFoST Student of the Year Award 2016 - Now Closed
Every year, the European Federation of Food Science and Technology (EFFoST) together with Cargill organizes the Student of the Year Award competition to support and encourage the next generation of food scientists.
The competition is open for all MSc and PhD students in Food Science or Food Technology in Europe (see regulations for eligibility criteria). Six shortlisted nominees will have free access to the conference, including hotel and travel costs. In addition, the final winners will receive a visit to Cargill’s European Research & Development Centre in Belgium where students will have an opportunity to interact with Cargill technologists and scientists.
To enter this competition, MSc Students have to submit an abstract of their final thesis and PhD students have to submit an abstract of their research toward their PhD degree before 30th June 2016 for the 30th EFFoST International Conference taking place from 28 till 30 November 2016 in Vienna, Austria (see application procedure for further details on how to apply).
- The MSc and PhD Student of the Year Award consist of the following prizes:
- 1st prize € 1,000
- 2nd prize € 500
- 3rd prize € 250
- 1st prize € 1,500
- 2nd prize € 750
- 3rd prize € 500
All awarded students will also receive:
- The EFFoST Student of the Year Award 2016 (1st prize is an Award Statue, 2nd and 3rd prizes are award plaques)
- An official EFFoST Student of the Year 2016 Certificate
- Free access to the 30th EFFoST International Conference
- A travel budget of maximum € 1,000 to attend the 30th EFFoST International Conference in Vienna, Austria
- Free access to the 30th EFFoST International Conference Dinner
- A visit to Cargill R&D Centre Europe in Vilvoorde, Belgium in early 2017
- A travel budget of maximum € 1,000 to visit the Cargill R&D Centre Europe in early 2017
The EFFoST Student of the Year Award is open to all students that are currently registered as MSc or PhD student at a European University or College* in the academic year 2015 – 2016 or MSc students that have completed their degree in the period July 2015 – June 2016. Students must have been registered in a degree programme in Food Science and Technology or similar. Part-time students are not excluded. Nominees can be of any nationality.
Step 1 – Submit your abstract (according to the guidelines for abstract submission) by using the online abstract submission system of the 30th EFFoST International Conference. Don’t forget to tick the box “Student of the Year Award” when the option is provided**.
Step 2 – Send the accompanying documents (see below) to SOYA@effost.org before June 30th 2016.
Application should be accompanied by:
- Application form
- Your Motivation Letter
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- Conference abstract
- Copy of your student card or student registration
- Nomination letter (not mandatory)
Applications should have been received by e-mail before June 30th 2016.
Cargill is an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. Founded in 1865, our privately held company employs 142,000 people in 66 countries.
We recognize our continued success depends on the growth and health of our communities and partners, as well as the vitality and conservation of our natural resources. Through our approach to community involvement, we support programs that focus on improving nutrition and health, education and environmental stewardship. Our focus on supporting education includes programs and projects that improve access to primary and secondary education for underprivileged children in Cargill communities; training and schooling to improve skills in science, technology and engineering; and partnerships with higher education institutions that provide access to the best people and ideas relevant to the worlds we serve: agriculture, food and risk management.
Cargill is proud to work together with EFFoST to support and encourage the next generation of food scientists.
Learn about Cargill's commitment to corporate responsibility here.
Cargill offers a wide variety of internships and career opportunities for students and graduates. www.cargill.com/careers/index.jsp
* A University or College in the following countries: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel (COST Cooperating State), Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, fYR Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City.
** There is no obligation to register for the conference. In the case that your abstract is accepted for oral or poster presentation you will get an invitation to register for the conference. The six shortlisted nominees will be informed on time to register for the conference and plan their travel as their presence at the conference is mandatory.